Menu

In Pursuit of Curb Appeal


About Me

In Pursuit of Curb Appeal

Most people spend their time dreaming up ways to improve the insides of their home. They renovate their kitchens, install new flooring, and paint the walls in vibrant colors. As far as I am concerned, however, the outside of the home is just as vital. After working for years as a landscape architect, I'm passionate about the form and function of yards, porches, decks, gardens, and other outdoor spaces. An inviting exterior welcomes guests to my home and encourages them to enjoy themselves. I decided to create a blog that would extol the virtues of curb appeal—and maybe inspire you to take your homemaking efforts outside.

Latest Posts

Planning Your Commercial Roofing Renovations With Building Improvements And Lightweight Materials
2 November 2020

When it comes time to renovate a commercial proper

Attention To Detail That Will Promote A Polished Appearance
21 July 2020

If the dripping faucet that is short in stature an

Common Roof Issues That Contractors Can Easily Address
21 July 2020

There are a lot of important exterior elements of

The Residential Timber Bridge Building Guide For Attractive Solutions That Enhance Property Values
27 May 2020

When it comes to timber bridges, you have a lot of

How To Prepare To Install A Fireplace In Your Bedroom
6 April 2020

Installing a fireplace in your bedroom can be a gr

3 Ways Toxic Mold In Your Home Can Impact Your Pets

Being exposed to toxic mold in the home could cause a variety of ailments. from flu-like illnesses to serious neurological damage. While most people are aware of the dangers that toxic mold poses to humans, few people take the time to consider the effects of toxic mold on household pets.

Here are 3 ways that toxic mold in your home could impact your pets in the future. (For more information, on mold removal, contact American Environmental Construction LLC)

1. Pulmonary Hemorrhage

When toxic mold spores are inhaled, they can damage the delicate capillaries within your pet's respiratory system. As these capillaries rupture, bleeding occurs. This bleeding is commonly referred to as a pulmonary hemorrhage, and the condition is generally fatal.

Since pets have a tendency to come into contact with toxic mold more readily than their human counterparts, the risk for spore inhalation is increased among companion animals. Protect your pet from pulmonary hemorrhage by having any toxic mold in your home professionally removed as quickly as possible.

2. Skin Sores

Just as humans can develop allergic reactions in response to mold exposure, pets are susceptible to allergy symptoms like runny eyes and itchy skin as well. Exposure to toxic mold could cause your companion animal to scratch or lick themselves more than usual. This incessant scratching and/or licking is in direct response to the itchy skin that often accompanies a mold allergy.

Excessive scratching and/or licking usually leads to skin sores, which can cause your pet a significant amount of discomfort. If you notice your pet scratching more than usual, and no other explanation (like fleas or a medical skin condition) can be found, have your home checked for toxic mold.

3. Appetite Loss

If you notice a sudden change in your pet's appetite, this is cause for concern. Dogs can only go a couple of days without eating before veterinary attention is required, and puppies have even less time before appetite loss becomes serious. Exposure to toxic mold can cause your pet to become lethargic, and lose his or her desire to eat.

If you have tried to help you pet consume more food by feeding on a regular schedule or trying a more appetizing food source without results, then seek veterinary attention for your pet. The vet will be able to determine if your pet's appetite problems are caused by mold exposure.

Getting rid of toxic mold from your home is essential when it comes to giving your pet the best chance possible to stay healthy. Be sure that you pay close attention to your pet's appetite and energy levels when determining if mold is present in your home, since pets can be more sensitive to mold than their human counterparts.